Senior Software Engineer
Orca is the most user-friendly AMM DEX on Solana. We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to accelerate the development of the Orca protocol. As one of the first DeFi apps on Solana, we offer a unique chance to shape the culture of a growing ecosystem.
Never built on Solana before? No problem — as long as you have strong engineering fundamentals, we can teach you what you need to know. (Most of the devs on the Orca team had never worked in web3 before!)
About our team:
- A lean team of 12-15 senior contributors based across multiple timezones
- Fully remote and location-agnostic
- Passionate about bringing a human touch to DeFi
What you'll do:
- Build user-friendly, polished UI using React + TypeScript
- Develop our open-source SDK and connect with other projects in the ecosystem to facilitate integrations
- Learn and contribute to smart contract development, if desired
- Provide input on Orca's roadmap and contribute to our lively remote culture
- Spend most of your (work)day coding... on your schedule!
What you bring
- Experience building both web UI and backend APIs
- Comfort making technical decisions with minimal oversight
- Resonance with Orca’s brand values (professional, principled, and playful 🐳)
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Used Orca for trading and/or liquidity provision
- Participated in DeFi, especially the Solana ecosystem
- An appreciation for cheesy marine puns
Details of the role
- Base salary in USDC + future ORCA governance tokens
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the following title:
[Candidate: Full-Stack Engineer] your name
And include the following:
- CV & LinkedIn profile
- When you'd be able to start
- Short description of your background in DeFi and interest in Solana / Orca
- Code samples / example project, if available
- One interest / hobby you love to geek out about, so we can get to know you!
Have more questions about this role? Give us a ping in the Orca Discord. It'll be a splash! 💦